I’m a web reporter for WUFT News (wuft.org), an NPR/PBS affiliate that serves 16 counties in North Central Florida. I’ve worked with radio and TV reporters on two day-turn stories about local Hurricane Irma preparation and impacts and am also working on two multimedia long form projects (TK).
I spent my summer as an Editorial Intern at Her Campus Media headquarters in Boston. I wrote and edited news and entertainment articles, pitched and edited feature pieces and even helped create a news-oriented Her Campus Instagram Stories series, called Informed AF. Read below for a selection of my articles, and click here for my complete author profile.
- A 16-Year-Old German Girl Who Joined ISIS Said She “Wants to Go Home”
- How She Got There: Lorena Garcia & Sakura Considine, Bloguettes Co-Founders
- Everything You Need to Know About ‘Love Languages’ & How They Can Improve Your Relationship
- Fidget Spinner Lip Gloss Is Here & It’s The Most Extra Thing of 2017
The Independent Florida Alligator
I’m a contributing writer for The Independent Florida Alligator, the largest student-run newspaper in the United States. I reported on events and wrote each of these AP-style news articles under one or two-day deadlines.
- UF’s Harn Museum awarded $282,000 grant for Asian art
- Website aims to make job hunting easier for college students
- Santa Fe College celebrates Women’s History Month
Her Campus UFL
I am the Editor-in-Chief and Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus UFL, the University of Florida chapter of Her Campus. I was previously a Features Writer and have written articles about everything from Gainesville life to film, music and fonts.
Here are some of my favorite stories:
- Learning to Fly: Exploring Tom Petty’s Gainesville Roots
- 5 MTV Videos From the ’80s Every Millennial Should Watch
- If Your Group of Friends Were Fonts
- Stationery Lovers, Unite: 5 Brands Every Office Supply Junkie Should Know
My writing has been featured on the online magazine Thought Catalog.
University of Florida Office of Sustainability
I wrote a profile piece for the UF Office of Sustainability about three student interns who presented at a national sustainability conference.
Travel Reporting and Blogging
In May 2016, I traveled with the UF College of Journalism and Communications to Spain and Southern France and was selected by faculty to serve as the head blogger and photographer for the trip. I created a blog, From Gainesville to Gaudí, where I documented our adventures. I also managed an accompanying Facebook page and crafted videos for each of our adventures. Here are a few of my favorite blog posts:
- Taking It All In: Tapas and Day Trip Tales
- Força Barça: Backstage With FC Barcelona Communications
- Castles and Crêpes: Weekend in Southern France
- Day Trip: Segovia
As a Travel Reporting student on the study abroad trip, I blogged about interesting places to shop in Spain. My stories were published on my Travel Reporting class blog. Here are some of my favorite articles:
- Typographia: Graphic T-Shirts, Reimagined
- MUJI: A Stationery Lover’s Paradise
- La Central: A Bookstore With Barcelona In Mind
- In Full Bloom at the Segovia Street Market
I spent one year writing for The Prospect, a student-run online magazine about college admissions, standardized testing and college lifestyle. I enjoyed writing about my experiences as a former applicant and college freshman in hopes of inspiring and assisting prospective students in their endeavors. Here are some of my favorite articles:
- How I Made It Work Despite Limited Course Offerings in High School
- Why You Should Be Signing Up For Daily News Emails
- How (& Why) to Stay Connected to College News in High School
- Why You Should Never Judge a College Course By Its Cover