Click here to view a PDF of my resume.
The Independent Florida Alligator
I am a contributing writer for The Independent Florida Alligator, the largest student-run newspaper in the United States.
- UF’s Harn Museum awarded $282,000 grant for Asian art
- Website aims to make job hunting easier for college students
- Santa Fe College celebrates Women’s History Month
Her Campus UFL
I am the rising Editor-in-Chief and Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus UFL, the University of Florida chapter of Her Campus. I was previously a Features Writer and have also written articles about everything from Gainesville life to film, music and fonts.
In Summer 2017, I will be an Editorial Intern at Her Campus Media national headquarters in Boston.
Here are some of my favorite stories:
- Learning to Fly: Exploring Tom Petty’s Gainesville Roots
- 5 MTV Videos From the ’80s Every Millennial Should Watch
- If Your Group of Friends Were Fonts
- Stationery Lovers, Unite: 5 Brands Every Office Supply Junkie Should Know
My writing has been featured on the online magazine Thought Catalog.
University of Florida Office of Sustainability
I wrote a profile piece for the UF Office of Sustainability about three student interns who presented at a national sustainability conference.
Travel Reporting and Blogging
In May 2016, I traveled with the UF College of Journalism and Communications to Spain and Southern France and was selected by faculty to serve as the head blogger and photographer for the trip. I created a blog, From Gainesville to Gaudí, where I documented our adventures. I also managed an accompanying Facebook page and crafted videos for each of our adventures. Here are a few of my favorite blog posts:
- Taking It All In: Tapas and Day Trip Tales
- Força Barça: Backstage With FC Barcelona Communications
- Castles and Crêpes: Weekend in Southern France
- Day Trip: Segovia
As a Travel Reporting student on the study abroad trip, I blogged about interesting places to shop in Spain. My stories were published on my Travel Reporting class blog. Here are some of my favorite articles:
- Typographia: Graphic T-Shirts, Reimagined
- MUJI: A Stationery Lover’s Paradise
- La Central: A Bookstore With Barcelona In Mind
- In Full Bloom at the Segovia Street Market
I spent one year writing for The Prospect, a student-run online magazine about college admissions, standardized testing and college lifestyle. I enjoyed writing about my experiences as a former applicant and college freshman in hopes of inspiring and assisting prospective students in their endeavors. Here are some of my favorite articles:
- How I Made It Work Despite Limited Course Offerings in High School
- Why You Should Be Signing Up For Daily News Emails
- How (& Why) to Stay Connected to College News in High School
- Why You Should Never Judge a College Course By Its Cover